Monday, February 23, 2009

...the possibilities

Ten o'clock in the morning is the best time of day. It's my favorite time of day. I have been up since seven. I have (usually) showered, made and eaten breakfast and carpooled. I might have even run an errand or two. Now my entire day is before me, what will I get done? There is still the promise of a productive day. Or a day of pleasure. Maybe both. I could clean the whole house or go to a movie. I could do six loads of laundry while scrap booking or be planning next week's menu and grocery list and I might even make it to the store before school is out. Aahhhh...the possibilities at 10am.

Nine o'clock at night is the worst time of the day. It is my least favorite time of day. I am tired. I have been running around since the girls got home. I have helped with homework, made snacks, made dinner, and probably run to the store for an emergency ingredient to a project that is due tomorrow. I have corralled children into showers and harassed them into brushing their teeth. I desperately want to climb into my comfy bed, but I still need to wash the dishes, make tomorrow's lunches and wash P.E. clothes so someone doesn't get detention. Aahhhhh...if only it were 10am...

2 comments:

Nicki Parker said...

Another excellent post! I can definitely see that book in you trying to get out......

- Colleen - said...

That's exactly what I'm saying!