Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father,

We have a new President today in the United States of America.

Please be with him and his family and keep them all safe as he begins to lead our country. I pray that you will give him wisdom and courage and restraint and good council. I pray that you will break his heart with the things that break Yours and that he would be the man that You would have him to be. I pray, Lord, that he would not take our country down a path of moral decay, but that he would protect families and marriage and unborn children.

Lord, I know that you love Barack Obama. You want him to do well and succeed. I pray that he will. Lord, please help me to remember that you are in control of all things. That we are all subject to You and that you have the final say in everything. Lord, help me to be a prayer warrior for President Obama, his Cabinet and all of the new leadership in this country. And when I am frustrated or don't understand, please help me to learn to lean on Your understanding and not my own.

In Jesus' Lifesaving Name, Amen.

0 comments: