Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belated Christmas

I've had some things from Christmas that I've been meaning to send my dad in New Zealand. I talked to him the other day and asked if there was anything that he might need me to send him. (He has said the cooking style there is very similar to English cooking and sort of on the bland side. They don't have a very large selection of spices there, so last year we sent him some that we bought in the bulk section of WinCo.) He said he was still doing okay on the spices but asked if I could send him a tube of neosporin and a bottle of aspirin. They don't have anything like neosporin and aspirin is prescription only. Well, when he mentioned spices I told him all about Old Town Spice Merchants, the spice store my mom and I just discovered in Temecula. (She blogged about it here.) I told him that I'd love a reason to go there again and that I'd pick some things out and send them to him with the Christmas stuff.

So today I mailed off his box...


Inside I included:

New Mexico Green Chili Powder
Worcestershire Powder
Fire Chili Blend
Chipotle Powder
Smoked Black Sea Salt
Horseradish Powder
Hunter's Game Blend
Smoked Tomato Seasoning





Merry Christmas Dad!

0 comments: