Friday, January 2, 2009

Family, Friends, New Year's, and Cousin Sleepover Part 3

Sorry to keep you waiting for Part 3 of the Cousin Sleepover...

Out for dinner...





A little Life...


A little RockBand 2...


The next morning, ready for church...




The rest of the family came for a day of visiting and to pick up the girls from the Cousin Sleepover.


We interrupt the fun for a scary accident...

Haley fell at Mimi/Nicki's house and broke her nose...OUCH! But, after a trip to the emergency room, she felt well enough to come back to our house for a one night extention to the Cousin Sleepover. Heather and Caitlin even decided to stay for the fun!




Saying goodbye...we miss you all already!





So, here is where we change the subject a little. After the Cousin Sleepover was officially over and we got done wishing we all lived closer together, we cleaned up the house a little and got ready for our next round of fun visitors. Our friends from Turlock, the Villanueva family, were on their way to visit us for New Year's.
Now, let me tell you a little about the Villanueva's. Husband/Dad Ed and I used to work together at the Wherehouse (music store) back in the early 90's. I sort of knew his wife Chris, who worked at another store (also the Wherehouse.) Anyway, I had Emily and the following year, Ed and Chris had Noah. Then, I was 8 months pregnant with Megan and out on maternity leave and Chris called me one day, out of the blue, to invite me over for a playdate and walk to the park. Emily and I went over and I think we were at Chris's house at least 3 days a week from then on for the next 3 or 4 years. Chris is the kind of friend everyone should get to have. She pulled me out of my "toddler funk" and got me out of the house for playgroups and days at the park and she introduced me to MOPS. She helped me keep my sanity. She was a sounding board a cohort in motherhood for me. She always understood what I was going through or dealing with. She still does. Our families always got along great and we spent many many Fourth of Julys and New Year's Eves together over the years.
Well, over the last several years we haven't talked or seen each other as much. Our kids are all in school now and you know how life gets busy and distracting. Then, we up and moved away. But we can always pick right up where we left off. It is wonderful. We recently had a fun day with them at Disneyland and it was so fun that it prompted them to come visit us over New Year's just like old times!
We have had a great week with them. We went on a hike on the Santa Rosa Plateau. It is a nature reserve about 10 minutes up the road from our house. The views and scenery are beautiful.











We had a great New Year's Eve party. Chad's brother, Billy and his family came, along with our neighbors, the Varners. Even my mom came over for a while. Of course, we had a ton of food!



We ate and visited and played games until midnight!


L to R: Dave and Tina, Ed and Chris, Chad and Shan, Billy and Ruth

All the kids...


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

For New Year's Day, we took a fun trip to the beach for a weenie roast and s'mores!











This morning, for their last day, we took a walk and showed them around the neighborhood. I think we might have been able to convince them that they need to move down here and be our neighbors. (The house next door is for sale... :) ) Even Dennis got to have fun with a new friend...Zoey, the Villanueva's weiner dog!








Come back soon guys! We love you!

0 comments: