Thursday, January 8, 2009

Emily Goes to Washington...and we went to Disneyland...again...

Emily in Washington Day 4

6:00am Wake-up call
7:00am Breakfast
8:00am BUS to National Mall
Lunch at Reagan Center
1:00pm Capitol Hill
Library of Congress-Supreme Court
Dinner at Pentagon Mall
10:00pm Curfew


Well, our Disneyland annual passes are finally expiring. We went today for one last day of fun and to celebrate Chad's birthday next week. He didn't want to get the birthday button, but you have to have it in order to get a dozen free tortillas at the Mission Tortilla Factory. So, of course, I made him get the button...then it turns out that the tortilla machine was broken down...ooops.


We rode Tower of Terror, of course. It's one of our favorites.


The girls got to choose one last Disneyland treat.


Abbey and Megan rode California Screamin' together.





Pirates...


If you read my blog regularly, you'll remember how much the girls love... It's Tough to be a Bug... (If not, you can read about it here.) This experience was the worst yet... Abbey literally sat, curled up into the fetal position, on the floor. But Chad and I couldn't pass up one of our favorites just because of a little crying! ;)


And you'll also remember our Toy Story rivalry. Well, I think that after all my bragging and teasing over the last couple of times I beat Chad, what I did was wake a sleeping tiger. He STOMPED me today. See for yourself. He was blue, I was red.






We thoroughly enjoyed our year of having annual passes, but we are all a little relieved to know that it will be quite a while until we visit Disneyland again. Apparently you can get too much of the "Happiest Place on Earth."

0 comments: