Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cupcakes

A couple of weeks ago I found a great recipe for Chocolate Mint Cupcakes. Tomorrow, all of the Moms-In-Touch groups in our school district are taking goodies to the district office. I made one batch of chocolate mint and one batch of lemon. In the recipe the cupcakes are from scratch, but why do that when a cake mix is just as good!



I made the batter according to the box directions.


To the chocolate batter, added 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint (not regular mint) extract.






For the lemom cupcakes, I made cream cheese frosting and added 1 teaspoon lemon extract. I used my decorator gadget to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. I sprinkled them with pink and yellow sugar.




For the chocolate mint cupcakes, I made another batch of cream cheese frosting and added 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.


I used my decorator again to fill each cupcake with a surprise frosting center. Then I piped more frosting on top to hide the holes and sprinkled them with green sugar. So cute and so yummy!












Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or another flavor, if desired)
3 cups powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Add extract and blend. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until smooth.

2 comments:

mityscottfamily said...

WOW...Shannon, those look yummy!! And to squueze it in the center, clever!!!

Nicki Parker said...

Perfect tutorial! This post looks like a professional baking website...
I'm salivating over the pictures. Since I can't eat any (DARN WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM...AGAIN!!) I'm going to print out your pics and just keep looking at them.....MOM