Monday, February 1, 2010

OCD or something like it...

In April of last year, I was inspired to start quilting by my aunt and cousins. They had made a quilt over Easter break and it was so cute that I just had to try it myself. My aunt, Heather, had found the pattern at Oh, Fransson! The website is done by a woman named Elizabeth Hartman and it is full of wonderful inspiration. So, like Heather and J and B, I, too, did the Mod Quilt-Along from Oh, Fransson! I blogged about it here. I finished the quilt top and back, sandwiched my quilt and then moved on to some other projects. Finally, a little before Thanksgiving, I got it back out, quilted it and finally finished it.











Well, during all those inbetween months, I worked on a few other things...



I made flannel blankets. Some for donating and some for a couple of friends who each had a baby girl this year.



I made tote bags and drawstring backpacks. Again, some were gifts and the rest were for two Christmas boutiques that I took part in.













My mom and I went to Martha's Vineyard in April to visit my brother. I took some of the photos from our trip and some Martha's Vineyard themed fabric I found, and made her a scrapbook quilt for her birthday.








I was on a roll so I made a quilt for Abbey. Cherry theme by her request...
FRONT:

BACK:


I made one for Emily that is black and white/brights.


I am still working on Megan's along with six other quilts in various stages of incomplete.




And this is my newest...


I think it's safe to say... I'm obsessed!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

They're all beautiful Shannon!! Someday I want to make a quilt too.

Grace and Joy said...

Shannon...they're beautiful!! You have definitely become a quilter. I'm so impressed. I better get sewing!

Chris said...

Amazing in both quantity and creativeness! From your friend who cannot even sew a straigtht line...I'm in awe!