Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sewing Saturday

A couple of weeks ago, my aunt and cousins spent a day sewing together. They made a beautiful quilt and they blogged about it here. It inspired me. I am making my quilt to match my family room.


These are the fabrics I chose.


These are my finished blocks.














This is my final layout.


My finished quilt top...

I haven't sewed in so long. It was such a fun project. I can't wait to start another one...


Megan felt like sewing too.


She did her project with minimal help from me. The torch is definitely passing...




This is her final product! A warm flannel blanket to donate to Project Linus. What a fun mother/daughter afternoon.


3 comments:

Nicki Parker said...

Beautiful! You did a great job and the fabric choices are perfect! It almost makes me want to make one myself.....I guess I can just add it to list of things I'l start and never finish....

Grace and Joy said...

I'm so excited to see you made the same quilt! Wasn't the tutorial great? It made it so much fun and quick to put together. I had not sewn in a very long time either. I finally completed the quilt this week, machine quilting, binding and all. Which is amazing for a non-finisher! (Jillian kept me on task!) Love your colors.

Love, Heather

Chris said...

WOW...both of you "young" ladies AMAZE me!! Do you remember those Blues Clues sock puppets? Someday when we live near each other again I am going to BEG you to teach me to sew. Your girls are so blessed by you!