Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Family Vacation

Over Spring Break, we went on vacation with my mom, my two brothers (Jordan and Josh), Josh's wife, Megan, and their kids, Grace and Ethan. It was the first time we had all done that together. We spent the week in Tempe, AZ for some "Spring Training" baseball. We spent the days by the pool (it was too cold to swim in it) and watching baseball games. Chad loves the Padres. Josh, Megan and Jordan love the Angels. We saw some of each.


We ate like kings all week. Jordy and Josh cooked great food. I would definitely recommend vacationing with a professional chef whenever possible. It was really fun to watch Jordy in action. He does what he does so comfortably and with such ease. We talked about all the cool lunches my mom used to make him. He said he thinks that played a huge part in his appreciation of food and his desire to go in the food business. And, hey, I like to think he legitimizes our whole family's interest in food and recipes. (I may be reaching here...)

It was so nice to spend so much time with my brothers. I haven't been able to do that in almost 15 years. I've spent time with them in those years, to be sure, but not such a concentrated amount. I know we are all grown and have our own lives, but I am always amazed at how quickly we all fall back into our rolls from growing up. They tease me and I boss them. They make fun of my music from high school, and I try to give them advice they don't need. We talk about my dad and the way we remember things. Isn't it funny how three people can live through the same exact situations and all see them through different colored glasses.




We had really nice time. All the kids had fun playing together, too! Abbey told me that she wished we could all live together all the time.

Here's to next time...

0 comments: